Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Lake House








It's officially ours! Jeff and I have been on a real journey over the past few months. We thought about selling our house, thought about buying some land, thought about buying a lake lot to set our camper on....the list goes on. With the housing market the way it is, and the fact that they are building a new subdivision behind our house, we knew that selling our house wasn't an option right now. However, we really wanted to get out of the city and be able to enjoy some big tress and the sounds of nature. We drove up to Lake Livingston one weekend on a whim and fell in love with it. It reminds us so much of Tennessee; there are even a few hills! Anyways, we knew that finding a weekend home on our budget would be very hard to do. After many trips out there, and some help from a local realtor, we found our cabin! O.k, it is a real fixer-upper but Jeff and I knew the house had lots of potential. We were worried if it would even still be standing after the hurricane, but it survived. Fiday we went up there and closed on it, and immediately got to work. This weekend we painted Lake's bedroom, made one of the restrooms usable and put two coats of primer on the dark paneling in the den. It needs a lot of TLC but we're up to the challenge. I thought I would include some pictures of our work in progress. Stay tuned as more improvements happen each weekend!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ohhh I'm jealous!! That sounds awesome.

Tara said...

Wow! That is awesome! I agree it does look like TN! I cant wait to see how you guys transform it. What an exciting time for you guys.

Heather Robinette said...

How exciting! I love to watch HGTV and see how people transform houses, now I can watch you! Can't wait to see what all you do and I'm glad it made it through the hurricane!

Tyler & Adrianne Kruse said...

Amanda, that is so wonderful. My email is askruse@gmail.com. I want to talk more. Shoot me an email.