Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike

We survived! Since they did not have a mandatory evacuation for our zip code, we decided to stay and stick it out. Welost power yesterday about 5:00 and it came back on this morning about 6:30. Thank goodness the hurricane brought some cool wind with it; we didn't sweat too bad last night. However, at about 3 a.m I heard the shingles ripping off our roof! A little while later, water was driiping from our ceiling...from everywhere... out the vents,the light fixtures, out the ceiling fans. We have buckets and bowls everywhere trying to catch the water. When we finally could go out side to assess the damage we saw that most of our roof was in our front yard! There are shingles everywhere. Lake slept through the whole thing. When he he woke this morning, he kept saying "Uh,Oh!" and then he started dumping out all the bowls and buckets of water on the floor; that little stinker! We had also used his plastic pool as a water catcher and what do you think he did....yep, jumped in and said he was swimming. On a sad note, we were supposed to close on our Lake House on Friday and that was postponed. The Lake Livingston area got hit pretty hard and we are very nervous about our little cabin. We are going to drive up there tonight to see it its still standing. Everyone pray thats its o.k., Jeff and I had big dreams for our little cabin on the lake; it reminds us so much of Tennessee. Anyways, just wanted everyone to know we were O.K. Stay tuned for pictures of the damage.....


Photobucket

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I have been thinking about you guys and hoping you all are o.k. I will definitely pray for everyone in your area and for the cabin too!

Summershea said...

Amanda,

I am glad to hear that you and your family have made it through the storms safely. I had thought about you while watching the news today about Ike.

Krystal and Steven are the proud parents of a healthy baby boy. They came home today with Brycelyn from the hospital. I will post pictures soon.

Summershea

Tara said...

I have also been praying for you all! I am glad that you all are OK, but sorry to hear about the roof. That is NOT fun! Although I had to laugh about Lake swimming in the pool of rain water! I will also be praying for the lake house that it survived. Take care!

Holly said...

Hey, it's Holly. Can you call me. We have a BIG industrial fan and industrial wet vac if you need help Brian said he could come over and help you and Jeff with your house. Call me!