Monday, October 13, 2008

Lake's 2nd Birthday











We had such an exciting weekend in Tennessee. Lake was so happy to see his Mamaw and Papaw! Here's a brief summary of our weekend: We got home late on Thursday night and went straight to bed. Friday, Lake went and visited Mamaw at Rockwood Middle School. We went over to the High school to check out the Homecoming events. I was a little disappointed. I guess I was expecting the "Good Ole Days" I guess kids these days don't know how fun it is to paint windows, practice for the talent shows and try and hide your float for the parade! Anyways, Lake and I rode in a convertable with Papaw in the parade; Papaw was the Grand Marshall! We went to the Homecoming game on Friday night. Believe it or not this was only the 2nd game I have been to since I graduated High School! On Saturday, we had a birthday party for Lake. He got lots of good presents and got to spend time with his friends and family. Sunday, we spent the day outside enjoying the Tennessee weather. It was very busy but we sure enjoy all the time we get to spend in Tennesee.



Photobucket

4 comments:

Tara said...

Oh how fun! Lake is such a big boy now. I love the football cupcake cake, very festive! Now if only we could get those Vols to win a few! I bet it was so weird going back to HS and seeing all of the homecoming events. I cant believe that they dont do any of that stuff anymore!! They dont know what they were missing. Those definitely were the "good ole days". Man, not a care in the world, worrying about hiding Sam's "Tiger" Surburban. That was the life! Good good memories! Glad you all had a good time in Rwood. We have got to go to a game. I havent been to a single one since we graduated. We are officially OLD!

Tara said...

Oh yeah, how did it feel to be the "grand marshall" in the parade! Very cool! Ha! It looks like it was a hot one, Lake is beat red!

Holly said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Lake! Those cupcakes looked yummy. I wish I could have seen more pics of your family, but Lake was cute!

LeeAnn said...

Happy Birthday Lake! No way- I cannot believe he is 2. Will you be home for Christmas? Would love to see you guys.