Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas in Tennessee

Rockwood Stockings
I love my farm!


I'm not so scared this time with Mamaw holding me.
Climbing on the pews with Papaw.
Me and cousin Matt
Me and cousin Mendy



It has been a very busy 9 days! Lake was so fun this year, he loved to open up his presents. (Actually, he loved the boxes and paper better than the actual presents.) Lake got to spend lots of time with his Mamaw, Papaw and Uncle Wyatt. Here is just a brief summary of things we did: Sunday morning we went to the Methodist Church; this is the church I grew up in. Lake really showed out during childrens time; he stood in front of the congregation and clapped his hands the whole time. That night we went back for a covered dish dinner, the children's program and a visit from Santa. I just love getting those brown sacks with a orange, juicy fruit and few nuts and a candy bar; it brings back such good memories for me. We spent Christmas Eve with Uncle David, Aunt Karen and Mendy and Matt. We went to the Christian Church to hear Matthew sing and right after Matthew sang, we cut out early. Lake was having a hard time sitting through the service; he was trying to crawl under the pews. Christmas morning, Santa came to Mamaw and Papaw's house. I told Lake Santa only comes to Tennessee; not Texas! (Fellow Rockwoodians who have the homemade santa stockings, check out the picture of Lake and Jeff's, I was so excited to find a woman at a craft show who made them!) We went to Brentwood to spend Christmas Day with my Dad's family. The rest of the time was spent visiting friends and family all over! Jeff and I did get to go to the movie and dinner one night and we went out with Uncle Wyatt on Friday. We're off to the airport tommorrow morning at 4:00 am. It was a busy trip but I really enjoy spending time in Tennessee for Christmas; it just feels like home.



6 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVED reading this post because it reminded me of all of those things that I miss from a "Rockwood Christmas"! The brown paper sacks really hit home for me! Such good times! Who was Santa this year, is it still Larry McNelly? Ha! I am glad you had a good time visiting! I wish I had known you were up here in my neck of the woods. Maybe we could have met up. I hope you all have or had a good trip back to Texas! Glad you got to have a good ole Tenn. Christmas!

Heather Robinette said...

Amanda, Who did you get to make Lake's Christmas stocking like the ones you and Wyatt have? Nikki and I have them, and I would love to get one for Sailor and my boys. Looks like you all had a great Christmas visit. Lake is growing so fast and is such a doll! Take care, Heather.

The Clifton Family said...

It was great to see you again. It seems like forever since our old "alpha omega football" days! I really miss it, but wouldn't give up what I have now for it at all! Your little boy is adorable! He looks like he had a great Christmas! Next time you are in, call us. I would love to drag out some old pictures and talk! Have a great NEW YEAR!

Sam, Carrie, and Grant said...

Lake is so cute! We are glad you all had a wonderful Christams! Sorry we didn't get to catch up while you all were in. We will make sure we get to hang out next time you guys are in. We want Lake and Grant to be good friends. We hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How fun that you got to be HOME for Christmas. Jeremy gets mad that I still call that home, but TN will always be home! I know that your Mom and Dad enjoyed having you there!

Nikki said...

We have to start planning play dates when you guys come in. I know it is hard to squeeze everything in with the family but I would love to plan to get all the kids together like at the reunion. I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas. Sorry we missed you guys at Church. We have started going to First Baptist. My Granny Fran said Matt sang really well. I was also wondering where you got the stocking? Joe has the same one as well as Heather and I. We love them because they stretch. I tried to at least get Sailor one with the same material. I would love to get her one of those.