Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving




This year was a great Thanksgiving; except that I forgot my camera! Mom, Dad and Wyatt came down and we stayed at the lake house all week. We did a little fishing and alot of eating! We started a new tradition this year. Wyatt and Jeff cooked a "Turkey in the hole". They dug a huge hole and burned a fire in it for about 6 hours. (Thanks to Wyatt for staying up until 1 a.m.)then they put in the turkey (they seasoned it and wrapped it in 7 layers of aluminum foil) they covered it in dirt and let it bake for 12 hours. At lunch time they dug it out. It was the best turkey i've ever eaten! It fell right off the bone. Great job guys! Jeff's family also came down for dinner. They were all really upset the Aggies lost. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can get mom to email them to me. These pictures are of Lake playing in his kitchen that he got for his birthday. He loves to push his little shopping cart around and say "I'm going to Wal-mart, See ya later." Then he brings his cart to his kitchen and starts cooking. This age is really difficult for me. He can be so darn cute but at other times the terrible two's are killing me!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Tara said...

Ha! I am right there with ya sister. Great age but they are becoming so darn smart! Connor has learned that if I wont let him do something it is time for Daddy! Gotta love it. Cute kitchen!

Holly said...

Wow. That is a really nice kitchen! Maybe he will be on "Iron Chef" one day. Never know?