Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dance Recital

Dad is so excited!
My dressing room (check out the horrible 1980's costume!)

After several months of classes, practices and rehearsals, the recital is over! This was definitely a lot more work than I ever thought it would be. At first, I thought I would just take some classes for exercise. Somehow I ended up performing at the "7th Annual Cultural Encounter honoring Puerto Rico". It was at the University of Houston's Cullen Performance Hall and all 1,500 seats were sold out! I danced in hip hop and belly dance. We all met at the studio at 9:45 in the morning (for a 7:30 show) and rode in these really nice buses for the 30 minute ride to the show. We had hair and make-up artists there to help us get ready and dressing rooms with people to help with our costumes. It was so much fun; I felt like a star for the day! No cameras were allowed during the show, so when I get a copy of the DVD I will post it online. Take a close look at the picture of me with my mom and dad, dad's face is priceless!

4 comments:

Summershea said...

Amanda,

How exciting! I know that you really enjoyed yourself. It is a break from real life to take a moment just for yourself when things are so hectic in life. I have been thinking about taking a class this fall, but hate to start filling my calendar with teaching middle school this year. You looked beautiful!

and Mr. Wilson's was priceless your right.

Tara said...

Wow, way to go! That sounds like so much fun! I have been wanting to take ballet again, but the thought of having to wear those tight leotards scares the ---- out of me! Ha! You did look beautiful and I bet that was so fun having your hair and makeup done for a day. They did a great job! I cant wait to see the video! Gotta love your Dad, that would have been my Dad for sure. I hope you all had a great visit!

Nikki said...

That is great that you took some time to accomplish something like that for yourself. I am very impressed! I also would love to get back into dance, like ballet, but right now can't imagine finding the time!

Susan said...

Hi I heard all about the fab dance and how good you did. Your mom and dad came over and told us all about how great you were. I also heard about the hunt for the car at the Nashville airport. It was a good one. You all look so CUTE !!!